Friday, January 6, 2012

stovetop potporri

So, i found this recipe on pinterest, and i am in LOVE with it.  I started using it on Christmas Eve and been addicted to it ever since.
 
 
so, the recipe is:
 
1 orange-cut into 1/4
1 lemon-cut in half
1/2 c. fresh cranberries
3 cinnamon sticks
nutmeg
ginger
 
Put everything into a saucepan and fill with water.  Put on lowest heat setting and let simmer.  Add more water as needed.  You can refresh your pot with a new orange and a couple more cranberries if needed also.  The more you cook it, it kinda turns brown, but it still smells just as good.  I used mine for about 3 weeks and refreshed it once with an orange peel and a few more cranberries. 
 
I love cranberry and citrus-y candles, but this beats every candle i've ever had.  And, it makes your house smell like your cooking something really yummy! 
 
 
*Just a little reminder, don't forget to turn off your stove when you leave your house.

1 comment:

  1. I'm book marking this recipe! I ♥ a house that smells yummy!

    ReplyDelete