Since it was such a georeous day today, and I'm trying to get ready for a race this weekend, me and the kids went running. Well, they mostly faught with each other in the stroller while I did most of the running while trying make them behave. It is a pretty good workout pushing a stroller with 60+ pounds of kids as they are fighting with each other, standing up then sitting down, moving from one side to the other, trying to touch the tires and yelling at each other as soon as the other one crosses onto "their" side. All that combined and trying to keep some sort of form going, amounts to a pretty good and tiring cardio. I thaught I would get lucky and they would both go to sleep, but that didn't happen.
Little man is usually content with his binocs trying to see a plane or some birds or something. And, most of the time, Little Missy is totally fine with just watching the dogs run with us. They always laugh as soon as one of the dogs starts limping when they step on a sticker. Then, it's super hard to keep my form when I start laughing at them laughing at the stupid dogs.
All in all, it was good workout and we got to enjoy this beautiful almost freakish nice day for JANUARY! I can't complain about it because at least we were out doing something besides sitting on the couch watching a movie couped up in the house (since that's all we usually do this time of year anyways). I figure, if I can push these two crazy kids up and down hills for just 3 miles, I can manage the 5K obstacle this weekend. I have ran 2 half marathons, and you would think that I could whip out a little 5K. But, let me tell ya, after all the Christmas treats and being super lazy the whole month of December, it is kinda like starting over again.
Any-whoo, hopefully I won't manage to kill myself Saturday and maybe keep up with Cade and Chance. Well, thanks for reading.
"God bless and happy painting!"
Sounds like a good workout to me! How did yo do in the race...
ReplyDelete