Last night we actually had an organized family home evening and the kids loved it!
We had a cute little lesson about following our prophet.
I showed them this cute picture of Pres. Monson. And we talked a little about what the prophet does and what our church is called and why.
Here are some fun facts about Pres. Monson that I found:
*born August 21, 1927
*has 3 kids
*16th president of the church
*he really likes chocolate and pies
*he likes to eat Wheaties in the morning
*his favorite yogurt is lime flavor
*drinks milk with his meals
*his friend owns a coffee shop in SLC and he likes to go there and order tomato soup.
*he hardly ever changed lightbulbs, because his wife always did it. :)
*while on a plane, the pilot came on the intercom and said they would not be able to land because of a bad patch of fog. Being on a tight schedule, Pres. Monson said a quick little prayer and just then the pilot came back on and said there was a short clearing in the fog and they would be able to land just then.
It was kinda fun learning about our cute prophet and it didn't bore the kids either.
After our little lesson, we played followed the leader- which ended up lasting most of the night because everyone got a little sillier and sillier. :)
Because Pres. Monson likes chocolate, we made Oreo cookies.
Here's the recipe-
1 box devils food cake mix
2 eggs
2/3 c crisco
-mix well and spoon onto a cookie sheet
-Bake at 350 for about 9 minutes.
-Cool and make sandwiches with cream cheese frosting in the middle.
Cream cheese frosting:
1/4 c butter-room temperature
2 oz. cream cheese
1-2 c powdered sugar
-beat butter and cream cheese until combined. Add in powdered sugar 1/2 c at a time until desired consistency & sweetness.
*Makes about 10 big cookies.


Cute idea! I didn't know half of those things about him. How fun!
ReplyDeleteChan! I'm so proud of you for having such a great FHE! And I want to make those yummy cookies right now! You and your family are adorable and I love looking at all your wonderful pictures here! I'm so excited for your baby #3!!!! Thank you for the kind words on my blog too! Yes, we do need to catch up so plan on my calling you soon to chat your ear off! Hugs!!! -Kelsee Bradshaw
ReplyDelete