Tuesday, November 15, 2011

canning


hurray!! i am FINALLY done canning this year! we were so blessed with a flourishing garden and bounteous harvest this year. i tried a few new things this year along with the good old annual ones.
16 pints V8 juice
26 pints spaghetti sauce
9 pints tomato sauce


6 pints jalepenos
6 pints pickeled peppers
9 jelly jars green chilis



9 pints dill pickles
10 pints stewed tomatos
10 pints green beans
22 pints cherry pie filling
18 pints apple sauce


4 quarts & 13 pints peaches
Needless to say, I am so excited to put my canner away for the year!
It's a lot of work, but I love walking into my storage room and seeing all the shelves full.  They look so pretty sitting up there on the shelves.

3 comments:

  1. You are fantastic! I wish I could come and see your beautifully stocked storage room! Your filled jars look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you becky! you are fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! This is next on my list to learn how to do. You should share any special recipes you have for canning :)

    ReplyDelete